I’m not a huge cook, but recently I’ve been trying to change that. My boyfriend, Adam, and I are always trying to veganize recipes from our childhood. We are huge fans of Beyond Meat products and have been buying the new Beyond Burgers a lot. One day Adam looked at the patties and said, “I bet you could make meatloaf out of these.” And with that…we did!
Here is what you’ll need:
3 packages of Beyond Meat: The Beyond Burger (1.5lbs)
1/2 cup gluten free bread crumbs – I like Ian’s Panko Bread Crumbs
1 flax egg (1 tbsp flax meal combined with 3 tbsp of water)
Mushrooms (I used 5-6 large white ones)
1 cup flat leaf parsley (chopped)
4 cups spinach/kale mix or just spinach (chopped)
1/4 cup ketchup (I try to buy ones without high fructose corn syrup)
2 tbsp Dijon mustard (I used Tabasco’s Spicy Brown mustard which is BOMB!)
1 tbsp Tomato Paste
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F. In a small bowl combine the flax meal and water and set aside to thicken.
- Chop up the onion and mushrooms and sautée in a pan until the onions are translucent.
- Measure out one cup of parsley and four cups of spinach and then chop them up throughly.
- In a large bowl combine the Beyond Burgers, spinach, parsley, bread crumbs, mustard, tomato paste, flax egg, ketchup, mushrooms and onion mix, and ½ teaspoon each salt and pepper
- Transfer the mixture to muffin pans. Depending on your pan, you may need to spray it with non-stick spray. I always do just for good measure. Fill the muffins up to the top, they don’t spill over so make them full as you like. It should make about 15-16 muffins. More or less depending on how big your onion/mushroom mix is.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes. Once the top is nice and browned is when they’re done.
PS: I guarantee you can use these Beyond Burgers in your mom’s meatloaf recipe and it would be delicious.